No menu items!

Rio de Janeiro Carnival at Marquês de Sapucaí maintained

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – The government and the city of Rio de Janeiro Monday confirmed that the Carnival at Marques de Sapucaí is maintained. However, the state government emphasized in a note that it is impossible to decide on an event that will take place two months from now, given the current epidemiological scenario.

Further meetings will be held to support the State Health Secretariat’s decision in relation to the samba school parades, considered one of the greatest shows on the planet.

Last week, Rio City Hall announced the cancellation of street Carnival in the city. (photo internet reproduction)

The note also says that the trend is to suspend the street Carnival, because it is impossible to control the adoption of protocols such as testing and the requirement of a full vaccination scheme against the disease.

Last week, Rio City Hall had announced the cancellation of street Carnival in the city. On Monday, mayor Eduardo Paes said he hopes the celebration in Sapucaí will happen, but said he will respect the Scientific Committee’s decision.

The Scientific Committee advising the City Hall in the fight against the pandemic is expected to meet again this week to address the issue.

Check out our other content

×
You have free article(s) remaining. Subscribe for unlimited access.