RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - A fire at a Brazilian stadium that hosted World Cup games in 2014 caused damage and left some people suffering from smoke inhalation on Saturday, January 30th.
The blaze at Castelão Arena in the northeastern city of Fortaleza, capital of Ceará state, apparently was sparked by a short circuit in the broadcast area, according to the fire department, though spokesman Col. Oscar Neto said the cause would be investigated.
Television images showed flames and a column of black smoke rising above the stadium.
Tho people needed needed medical assistance for smoke inhalation, but no one . . .